Write like Roald Dahl! (Write your own version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).
Write like Roald Dahl
Write your own version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!
Think of a competition where 5 golden ticket winners win a trip of a lifetime (it could be to a sweet factory, the Amazon rainforest, a toy factory, a sports equipment factory.......the choices are endless!).
Don’t forget to:
- make a story map/plan before you start writing.
- write in neat joined-up handwriting
- use ambitious vocabulary
- write in paragraphs (about 6-8 sentences in each paragraph).
- use capital letters at the start of sentences and for proper nouns (names of people and places).
- get as many ‘Miss Coleman punctuation points as you can by using a variety of punctuation
- finished? Don’t forget to edit and improve your work!
Create a front and back cover for your story and turn your writing into its own book!