Willy Wonka Top Trumps! (Create your own top trump cards for Willy Wonkas sweets).
Willy Wonka Top Trumps
Top Trumps is a great way to practise comparing and ordering numbers. The cards are also great as they have a short description about a specific subject on each card for the reader to learn interesting facts.
In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory there are many unique and unusual sweets which are mentioned but that are not described in great detail. Chose some of your favourites to turn into Top Trump cards. Use your adjectives and similes to write descriptions to really make these sweets come alive. Don't worry if you don't know exactly what each one does or looks like - make it up! You can also make cards featuring some of your own inventions.
Here are some of the sweets mentioned in the book:
- Whipple-scrumptious Fudgemellow Delight (Charlie's favourite chocolate bar)
- Nutty Crunch Surprise
- Everlasting Gobstoppers
- Hair Toffee
- Magic Chewing Gum (3 course meal in your mouth)
- Lick-able Wallpaper (fruit flavoured for children’s rooms)
- Edible Marshmallow Pillow
- Strawberry-juice Water Pistols
- Toffee Apple Trees
- Exploding Sweets (for your enemies)
- Luminous Lollies (to eat at night)
- Cavity-filling Caramels
- Wriggle Sweets (wriggles in your stomach)
- Invisible Chocolate Beans (for eating in class)
- Sugar Coated Pencils
- Magic-hand Fudge (hold it in your hands, taste it in your mouth)
- Rainbow Drops (spit in 6 different colours)
- Television chocolate
- Sugar Balloons (blow them up to enormous sizes before popping and eating them)
- Blue Bird’s Eggs (suck them until a tiny sugar bird appears on the end of your tongue)
- Stick-jaw (for talkative parents)
Create a whole set of 20 to play with your family.