Week beginning 29th June 2020
This week we will be learning about Dinosaurs - here is one of our favourite stories. There are so many brilliant Dinosaur books, some are fiction (made up) and some are non-fiction (real) - can you tell the difference?
- Make a list of the rhyming words in the book. Could you use these to make your own rhyming dictionary? Could you add your own words to this?
- Make a list of words and phrases to describe what the aliens saw when they first arrived on the planet. What words has the author used to describe the environment (e.g. slimy swamps, deep ravines)?
- Think of some speech/thought bubbles to accompany the illustrations.
- Write a diary entry from the point of view of one of the dinosaurs after their arrival on the alien planet.
If you fancy trying some non-fiction work, maybe you could...
- make a sort dinosaurs into carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.
- choose your favourite dinosaur and create a fact sheet about it.
- research some fun facts about the sizes, diets and habits of different dinosaurs.