Week beginning 29th June 2020
This week in Maths, we are practising rapid recall of doubling and halving facts and will be learning about position and direction.
- Look at quarter, half, three-quarters and full turns. Start from a point - what can you see if you turn a quarter turn clockwise? Can you describe how far somebody else has turned?
- Take a look at the clip from BBC Bitesize, what words do you hear that describe the position of different objects?
- Can you tell the difference between left and right? Can you think of a way to help you remember?
- Have a go at controlling the Bee-Bot by programming directions.
- Play 'I spy with my little eye' using positional language i.e. something next to, on top of, behind etc.
- Join Hip Hop Granny dancing to a routine about position and direction.