In maths this week, we are focusing on 'Time'.
- Learn the days of the week song
- Ask an adult to help you write the days of the week of pieces of paper, can you order them correctly?
- Which activities do you do at different times of the day? Can you act them out for someone to guess?
- Have a go at making your own clock outside using natural resources . Can you find 2 sticks for the hands of your clocks? Look carefully at the length of them!
- Can you make different o'clock times on your clock?
- Learn the days of the week - can you answer questions about the days? Which day is after Thursday? Which day is before Monday? Which days are at the weekend? If tomorrow is Saturday, what is the day today? This link to the BBC might help you!
- Learn the months of the year (link to song)
- Practice finding o'clock and half past on a clock. What happens at different times throughout the day?
- Make your own clock.
- Watch this clip about days and months and then use the page below from a calendar to ask and answer questions i.e.
What day of the week is 7th June 2020?
What is the day and date today/yesterday?
What will be the date on Monday?
How many Tuesdays are in June?
How many days are there in June?
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: