This week, we are focusing on money.
- Start by recognising different coins. Look carefully at the colour and size of the coins. What pictures do you see on them? Can you organise them into pounds and pence? Is there a 4p coin? How would we make 4p?
- Create a shop, label objects with prices initially up to 10p, How much would it cost to buy two or more of the items? Which coins will you need to use?
- (Year One) Look at some notes. What can you see? How many £1 coins would you need for them to be the same value as the note?
- Using coins, how many different ways can you make 10p and then 20p?
- Have a go at these money games on Top Marks
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: