Please find below weekly activities and curriculum maps for both year groups, that should give you some ideas for learning this half term. If you require more ideas, activities then please feel free to email us.
Curriculum Map Year 1 and Early Years
There are all sorts of activities around the home that can support and consolidate your child’s understanding of maths. Here are a few suggestions of practical activities that you can do together;
- Talk about time. For example, get them to work out how what time things happen in the day/
- Cooking. Measure ingredients and set the timer together. Get them to work out how much more food will you need if extra people are coming for dinner.
- Talk about the shape and size of objects. Look online for interesting facts, like tallest and shortest people, or biggest and smallest buildings etc.
- When you are sharing food like pizza or cake, ask your child to help you share it equally between the number of people eating.
- Solve maths problems at home. For example, ask them how many apples to buy for the family and why or how you can share objects fairly between family members.
- Collect information and create a tally chart, for example to find out the family’s favourite animal or fruit etc.
- Make patterns with objects, colouring pencils, paint or Play-Doh, and build structures with Lego or boxes.