Designers wanted! (Design a leaflet for your own Zoo)
A leaflet is a non-fiction text that gives the reader information about a place (e.g. a zoo, museum or theme park), a service (e.g. football lessons, car washing or dog grooming) or a product (e.g. birthday cakes, Lego sets or paints). It gives the reader information about what they could do and helps them to decide if they want to buy the item explained in the leaflet.
- Attractive, eye-catching design to make the reader want to read the information.
- Headings/sub headings to help the reader find the information they need quickly.
- Information is clearly written & in the present tense.
- Exciting adjectives to make the reader interested in visiting/buying the product.
- Photos and diagrams to attract the interest of the reader and to give them useful information.
- Useful information -prices, opening times, how to get there, etc.
Design a leaflet for your own Zoo. It needs to be eye catching and interesting. Remember to use lots of colour (like a poster) and explain what makes your zoo special. You will also need to include when it is open, how to get there and a map of your zoo. It would also be useful to write a short paragraph about what makes your zoo so special and the different animal talks that happen.
Design a poster to promote the zoo reopening. Feature the most popular animals in the zoo and give a few words explaining why people should visit.