Dear diary........(Write a diary entry for one of children in the book about their visit to Willy Wonka’s factory).
A diary entry is the best way to really put yourself in a characters shoes. What would they think about the day they have just had? Remember to write the diary using 'I' not the characters name or 'she/he.'
After reading the book/watching the film, write a diary entry for Charlie (or one of the other characters: Augustus Gloop, Veruca Salt, Mike Teavee or Violet Beauregarde) about their visit to the Chocolate factory.
- start your entry 'Dear diary,'
- write in paragraphs (with 6-8 sentences per paragraph)
- write as the character (using I not their name or he/she)
- write in the past tense (watched, ate, played, visited)
- describe not only what you saw but also what you felt
- use lots of adjectives (describing words) and similes (as ___ as a ____) (____like ____)
- use neat joined up handwriting
- use a variety of punctuation
- use capital letters at the start of sentences and for proper nouns
- proof read and improve your work once finished
Keep your own diary and write in it at the end of the day about what has happened that day.