Amazing factoids (Learn more about a specific plant)
Information texts give factual information about things that are true. They often use headings and subheadings to help you quickly find the information that you need. Many have pictures, photographs or diagrams to help you understand the information in the text.
Use the internet or other books to research more about a specific plant for example:
- how to recognise it (what does it look like).
- how long does it take to grow (and how tall does it become).
- where it originally comes from (what country/continent).
- what conditions it needs to grow (can it grow in the UK or does it only grow in somewhere hot and damp like a rainforest).
- does it have any special meaning or purpose (e.g. Poppies are used to remind people about WW1 and WW2, Sunflowers have edible seeds for humans).
Create your own information text on paper or on the computer (Word or Publisher) to share what you have learnt with others (remember to use headings, subheadings and bullet points to get extra Miss Coleman points!) Below are some information texts to inspire you.